Goals for 2013-14
So state testing is done (YAY) and this school year is officially winding down (7 more days!!!) which has got me thinking about personal goals for the next school year. I’m finishing up my second year teaching so I know I have tons and tons of learning left to do but I’m starting to feel like I’ve got the hang of things ( I only wake up in a panic thinking I forgot something incredibly important about once a week know, that’s progress) and I feel like I’m heading towards being type of teacher I wanted to be in college. With that in mind I thought if I put my goals down in writing and out there for all of blogger land to see, it would light a fire under my tooshie and make me more likely to follow through:)
SO here is it goes!
2013-14 Classroom Goals
* learn and use Whole brain teaching strategies in my classroom.
* start off new year with a small group routine and stick to it!
* incorporate movement into every lesson and make lessons more hands on.
* incorporate IPAD and/or smartboard into every lesson.
* assess students weekly and use information to plan instruction.
I’ve read a bunch of articles and book on whole brain teaching but been to chicken to try it, that’s changing next year. And the other goals I want to get better about.